At Educycle, we value our community. You trust us with your information, and we’re serious about that responsibility. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat personal information we collect or receive. We know you care about your privacy, too, so we provide settings that allow you to control how certain information is used on Educycle. This policy explains our privacy practices for Educycle.com and services provided by Educycle, Inc. (“Educycle”).
Protecting Your Privacy
In various places on the Sites, we collect "Personally Identifiable Information," such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
· Educycle will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly disclose in the listings you publish, with our advertisers or any third-parties for marketing purposes.
· Educycle offers email anonymization & relay to protect your identity and reduce spam.
· Account information is password protected. Keep your password safe.
· Educycle does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 18, and Educycle does not permit persons under the age of 18 to register on the Sites. If Educycle learns that a listing is by a person under the age of 18, Educycle will remove that listing.
Educycle, or people that place listings on Educycle, may provide links to third party web sites, which may have different privacy practices than Educycle. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies on these third party web sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy policies of every web site you visit.
Registration is required to place a listing through our service or to use other types of functionality that require the service to recognize a user. If you decide to register or sign up for certain services, you will need to give us certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as a valid e-mail address and zip code. You will also have the option to provide other Personally Identifiable Information such as your address. This Personally Identifiable Information will be used to personalize and improve your experience of our service. This information will not be disclosed to any third-party without your explicit consent.
Choice and Control
For various reasons, Educycle may contact you about our services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members. Other messages are not required, and you can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your settings in your account.
If you have optionally connected your account to an external, third-party application, such as Facebook, or an app developed using the Educycle API, you can remove permission for the app by changing your account settings.
If you no longer wish to use Educycle’s services or receive service-related messages, then you may close your account.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Scripts
A "web beacon" is an electronic file that signals when a web page, an advertisement, a video or other type of content has been viewed. A "script" is a short section of computer code included in a Web page or other content that can be used to set and access a cookie on your computer's hard drive and to record your activity on a web site. Web beacons and scripts can be used for a number of purposes, including counting and tracking visitors to the Sites, recognizing and accessing cookies, recording page view information, tracking and reporting audience information and conducting research to improve the Sites.
Data We Collect
In addition to Personally Identifiable Information you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
· Listings content. When you place a listing or a review on the Sites, we collect a variety of information related to that listing (e.g., price, model). The public will see any information that you include in your listing, and as such, Educycle has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your listing. You can always edit or deactivate any of your listings.
· Correspondence. Correspondence between you and the other party initiated through our site, and correspondence to us.
· "Anonymous Information" such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our Sites that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site and otherwise improve our service to you.
Data We Store
The following information is stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived:
· Registration information.
· All listings, review and comment content.
· Messages sent in regards to listings.
· Activity logs and other records.
Although we make good faith efforts to store information in a secure environment that is not made available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We may use the information you disclosed to us to:
· Provide our services to you.
· Provide customer service to you.
· Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
· Enforce our Terms of Service.
· Automatically scan messages to check for spam, fraud, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
Educycle may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
· Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders).
· Respond to claims that a listing or content violates the rights of third parties.
· Enforce our Terms of Service.
· Protect the rights, property or personal safety of Educycle, its users or the general public.
Educycle may also disclose information with:
· Our partner web sites if you create an account on one of those sites.
· Service providers under contract who help us with business operations such as fraud investigations.
Educycle reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it periodically. We’ll communicate changes by posting a notice on the site. If we make material changes to this policy you will be notified here, by email, or other places Educycle deems appropriate.
Last update February 16, 2012